Effective Date: November 1st, 2017
- Information We Collect.
Technical Information Gathered Automatically. When you browse our Websites, you do so anonymously. Generic information from server logs is used to track the number of hits to the Websites and to find out what types of browser software and operating systems visitors use.
Personal Information You Provide to Us. On various pages of the Websites, you will have an opportunity to provide information to us about yourself, such as, but not limited to, your name, address, the type of cancer you are affected by, phone number, and email address (“personally identifiable information”). You may provide this information when you register with the Websites or send a message on the Websites. In addition, when you register on our Websites, your personally identifiable information, including your email address, will be added to our database and email/mail distribution list(s).
Financial Information. PALTOWN may collect credit or debit card information.
- Use of Information. Parts of the Websites are informational in nature and publicly available to all users. Consequently, until you participate in surveys, communities, programs, or events, donate, or register to become a member of one of our disease-specific communities, you are able to browse the Websites without providing any personally identifiable information, although your browser may tell us what type of computer and operating system you are using as well as other kinds of technical information. Below, PALTOWN sets forth more detail on how PALTOWN uses your personally identifiable information.
Personal and Contact Information: PALTOWN may use your personal and contact information to operate the Websites and, in particular, facilitate the education, interactive community and networking capabilities of the Websites, advertise its services and the services of its members and third parties, create a personalized experience for you, provide you with news, articles, and information, contact you regarding a survey, get in touch with you when necessary with respect to transactions conducted through the Websites, material changes in the Websites’ policies and agreements, new products, tools, or services PALTOWN may offer, or otherwise. PALTOWN may also share your contact information with PALTOWN’s members, service providers, or business (or funding) partners, as is necessary to provide PALTOWN’s services and information, to host, operate, or facilitate transactions through the Websites, including, without limitation, donations, registration for membership or events, or for internal business purposes.
The Websites may also allow you to create a user profile (“Profile”) and participate in online communication forums (e.g., our communities). Information submission for your Profile is voluntary. PALTOWN wishes to remind you that any information you disclose in your Profile or in a communication forum, including any personally identifiable information, will become public information and visible to PALTOWN community members. You may opt out of making such information public by not submitting such information or by contacting PALTOWN at [email protected]
Demographic Information: PALTOWN may share demographic data on an aggregated basis, which will not identify any particular user, with PALTOWN’s members, partners and affiliates and for other technical or business purposes.
Financial Information: PALTOWN will use financial information to facilitate a donation or other identified transaction(s).
Survey Results: PALTOWN may share survey results collected through the Websites with its business (or funding) partners, members, and affiliates and/or the general public, the news media, and with the U.S. Government and state governments, not only for business or marketing purposes or as may be required by law, but also to participate in government programs and initiatives.
Technical Information: PALTOWN will use this information to facilitate educational opportunities, provide content, participation, or otherwise allow access to or use of certain information, tools, or features and for improving the Websites’ performance, usability and design. PALTOWN may also use technical information to help diagnose problems with PALTOWN’s servers, analyze Website usage trends, track user movements on the Websites, and to otherwise manage and monitor the Websites.
Legal Action: PALTOWN may disclose personally identifiable information when legally required to do so in accordance with government requests or regulations or legal proceedings. PALTOWN may also disclose personally identifiable information to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Websites or as is otherwise required to limit legal liability, protect or defend PALTOWN’s rights, property, or interests, or protect the safety, rights, or property of PALTOWN’s users.
- Children’s Privacy. PALTOWN cares about the safety of children on the Websites and encourages parents and guardians to monitor their children’s use of the Internet. Although the Websites are suitable for a general audience, these Websites are intended for use only by users who are over 18 years of age (or the legal age of majority (whichever is greater)). Accordingly, PALTOWN does not knowingly solicit personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 and reserves the right to limit participation in particular activities on or through the Websites to individuals above a certain age.
- Collection of Information by Third-Party Websites. We sometimes may offer content (e.g., educational material or event promotion) that is sponsored by or co-branded with an identified third party. In these instances, the third party may obtain information that you voluntarily submit to participate in a Website activity. We have no control over the third party’s use of this information. The Website will notify you at the time of information collection if a third party will obtain such information.
- Your Choices. We may use the personally identifiable information we collect from you to provide you with opportunities to offer you information, programs, or services that may be of interest to you. PALTOWN may make its customer, conference attendee, and some webcast registrant lists available to other reputable organizations whose products or offerings may be of interest to the PALTOWN community. If you would like to opt out of receiving these materials (electronic or hard copy), you may contact PALTOWN Customer Care by email at [email protected] or by following the unsubscribe instructions of the communication received.
- Data Security. We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect personally identifiable information submitted to us and under our control against accidental loss, unauthorized access, misuse, disclosure or alteration. Please be aware, however, that no method of data transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic data storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security, integrity, and privacy of any or all information exchanged between you and us through the Websites. We make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent unauthorized access to or use of your personally identifiable information.
- Contacting Us. Comments or questions can be directed to PALTOWN by using our contact information. You may contact us at: [email protected]