Chief of Staff, Global Digital and Analytics & Global Finance and Operations, Boston Consulting Group
Kelly has also led finance and planning, strategy development, plan execution and business operations for Boston Consulting Group’s North America region, where her duties included:
- Managing member of Americas Region executive leadership team, a partner-driven group that sets and leads BCG’s strategy and operations in the region
- Partners with global leadership, specialty functions, other operations and broader Partner group on business building, strategy and operations initiatives, including new business development and implementation
- Leads team encompassing Controller functions, Financial Planning and Analysis, Business Reporting, Payroll, Risk Management and other finance operations for North America
- Directs Americas’ region functions related to real estate, financial IT investment management, workplace management, compensation programs, travel operations and procurement/vendor management
- Develops and executes internal and executive communications programs
Previously, she was a Principal in client service, working in consumer goods, travel and tourism, energy, and non-profit, as well as for the US Government. Her experience includes strategy, process development, organizational design and change management.
In addition, Kelly spent 6 years with Northrop Grumman, a U.S. defense contractor, including extensive work on large-scale initiatives, including post merger integration, staff retention initiatives, and projects realigning employee skill-sets to new industry and organizational needs.
Prior to that, she worked with KPMG’s Corporate Finance practice and with a California-based manufacturer and distributor of industrial chemicals.
Ms. Nelson has a M.B.A. from the Smith School of Business (University of Maryland), where she was part of student team investing and managing a $1.2 million equity portfolio. She holds a B.A. in Psychology and Environmental Studies from Yale University.