Inspired by patient-scientist Dr. Tom Marsilje, who co-founded COLONTOWN’s clinical trials neighborhoods, this program trains participants to educate community members about clinical trials as a treatment option and to guide patients in identifying and pursuing appropriate clinical trial options.
2022 EMPOWER Trials Training
New for 2022, this program is intended to reach stage IV CRC patients and caregivers who are interested in exploring clinical trials as a potential treatment option.
Workshops will be conducted both virtually and in person, with the first virtual session scheduled for late spring of 2022.
After the workshops, participants will
Navigator Training Program
- Share in-depth knowledge about the Late-Stage MSS Trial Finder and other trial-finding resources
- Learn about relevant biomarkers and other factors than can help patients narrow their trial options
- Learn about genomic testing related to clinical trial selection
- Practice conversation techniques for helping patients clarify their goals for participating in clinical trials
- Lay the groundwork for implementing a trial navigation program in COLONTOWN
After a pandemic break, PALTOWN is planning a new version of this program in 2022.