Inspired by patient-scientist Dr. Tom Marsilje, who co-founded COLONTOWN’s clinical trials neighborhoods, this program trains community members about clinical trials as a treatment option and guides patients in identifying and pursuing appropriate clinical trial options.
2022 Searching Safari
New for 2022, this program is intended to reach stage IV CRC patients and caregivers who are interested in exploring clinical trials as a potential treatment option.
The first Safari was a great success, with 100% of participants reporting that they gained an understanding of how clinical trials could fit into their treatment goals.
After the workshops, participants will
Navigator Training Program
Our inaugural training, presented in 2020 in collaboration with Fight CRC, offered participants from COLONTOWN and Fight CRC’s Research Advocacy and Training Support Program the opportunity to:
- Share in-depth knowledge about the Late-Stage MSS Trial Finder and other trial-finding resources
- Learn about relevant biomarkers and other factors than can help patients narrow their trial options
- Learn about genomic testing related to clinical trial selection
- Practice conversation techniques for helping patients clarify their goals for participating in clinical trials
- Lay the groundwork for implementing a trial navigation program in COLONTOWN
After a pandemic break, PALTOWN is planning a new version of this program in 2022.